Deadline: Friday, April 14, 2023
The Centre Region Council of Governments (COG) seeks a strategic and collaborative leader for its next Finance Director. The Centre Region COG is a voluntary association, established in 1969, of the State College Borough and The Townships of College, Ferguson, Halfmoon, Harris and Patton. The COG’s service area is about approximately 150 square miles with a population of 94,900 which includes 45,000 University Students.
The next Director will be a diplomatic, tactful, and approachable leader who also can be strategic and adaptable. The successful candidate will be a facilitative and solution oriented individual and will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, with major coursework in accounting, business administration, finance, or related field.
- At least five years of relevant professional accounting experience, of which a minimum of three years should be in governmental accounting, local government experience is preferred.
- A CPA or other related professional accreditation is preferred.
- Experience in capital budgeting required.
- Experience in budget development and administration required.
- Previous management and/or supervision experience is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
The current salary range is $92,140 to $124,390 DOQ. The actual salary will be determined by the selected candidate’s qualifications and commensurate experience. The Centre Region COG offers provides an excellent benefit package, including health, dental, vision, defined benefit pension plan and a voluntary retirement plan.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.GovHRjobs.com with a resume, cover letter and contact for five professional references. Candidates should apply at once but no later than April 14, 2023, and the position will remain open until filled. Confidential inquiries are encouraged and should be directed to Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA at 224-326-2482 X 124.
The Centre Region Council of Governments embraces diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.