In accordance with Governor Wolf’s statewide stay-at-home order, The League’s physical office will be closed until further notice. League Staff is available by phone or email and is working remotely to provide services and assistance to continue our mission to strengthen, empower and advocate for effective local government.
Requesting Strategic Assessment Input
The League is undertaking a strategic assessment of our offerings and the roles we fill on behalf of our members.
We value your opinion and would be grateful for your participation.
Please click on the button below to provide your input by May 29.
In The Headlines
June 24 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
September 17 @ 12:00 am - September 18 @ 11:59 pm
September 23 - September 26
October 1 @ 12:00 am - October 4 @ 11:59 pm
November 18 @ 12:00 am - November 21 @ 11:59 pm
Community Response During Coronavirus
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month and the City of Philadelphia announced a partnership with Independence Blue Cross called mindPHL Together.
- The Pottsville Recreation Commission came up with an idea for people to get outside and moving during the pandemic.
- To aid small businesses, the City of Pittston, the Downtown Pittston Partnership has created a “Progress through Partnership” fundraiser with a goal of reaching $30,000 by June 10.
- Project Hope of Easton charity is expanding its efforts to feed the hungry in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Lehigh County officials announced a new one-stop information center offering updates on the fight against COVID-19.