- Representation before the Legislature and Administration in Harrisburg and, when necessary, in Washington
- Subscription to the electronic, monthly legislative newsletter, the Legislative Locator
- The Legislative Directory, published prior to each two-year session, featuring information on all General Assembly Members, Committees, etc.
- Participation in the Association’s Legal Defense Fund which assures that the interests of first class townships and all local governments are represented through amicus curiae briefs in court cases at the state level
- Legislative Inquiry Services from qualified secretariat staff
- Notification of proposed legislation that impacts townships through Policy Briefs and Policy Statements, designed to inform members of the PA State Association of Township Commissioners’ position in an effort to equip members for grassroots lobbying efforts
- Toll-free phone calls to qualified secretariat staff for Research Information regarding the First Class Township Code, Model Ordinances, municipal information on a variety of topics and municipal laws
- The statewide PA State Association of Township Commissioners Directory listing of elected and appointed officials in each first class township
- The Municipal Reporter (published 3 times a year), a magazine for municipalities featuring legislative updates, legal notes, etc.
- Opportunity to participate in a statewide annual conference featuring exceptional educational workshops, exhibitors offering services and products, peer networking and opportunities to take part in the Association’s policy development process
- Opportunities to share concerns and problems with local colleagues through each of the Regional Groups – East, West and Central Associations