This page will be updated as information becomes available.
On November 15, 2021, President Biden signed the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, also known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, appropriating more than $1 trillion dollars to the nation’s highways, bridges, freight, ports, public transportation and environment and water infrastructure.
The U.S. Department of Transportation has announced some infrastructure funds are now available to state and local governments through grant applications and various programs.
Please visit the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Grant website for more information and grant application deadlines for transportation programs.
Please visit the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Infrastructure website for more information.
USDOT Schedule of Upcoming Grants for 2022
In order to provide more visibility into upcoming funding opportunities, U.S. Department of Transportation has published a list of 2022 anticipated months for Notice of Funding Opportunities (NOFOs) for key Bipartisan Infrastructure Law programs.
View the schedule of upcoming grants here.
White House Infrastructure Funding and Project Maps
The infrastructure funding map shows how much funding has been announced for work within states, including a breakdown by category of funding. This total includes “formula” funds allocated directly to states for roads and bridges or water systems, for example, as well as specific project funding for airports, ports and superfund site cleanup.
The BIL project map highlights specific projects, their allocations and the agency/program each project was developed.
- May 16, 2022 – Biden-Harris Administration Announces $33 Million in FEMA Funding Opportunities for Dam Safety, Applications Open May 16
- May 16, 2022 – President Biden and U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg Announce Availability of $1 Billion for Local Communities to Ensure Safe Streets and Roads for All, Address National Roadway Safety Crisis
- May 13, 2022 – Biden Administration Announces “Internet For All” Program and Notice of Funding Opportunities
- Reconnecting Communities Pilot Program and Webinar on May 19
- NLC – Get Ready to Apply for PROTECT Resilience Grants
- EPA Mid-Atlantic Region 2022 Summit Wednesday, May 25, 2022 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- USDOT Webinar Series: Safe Streets and Roads for All Grants
- USDOT Announces Billions of Dollars of Funding Available for Rural Communities under the President’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Funding to Build Climate Resilience in Tribal Communities
- DOE Establishes Bipartisan Infrastructure Law’s $225 Million for Improved Building Codes
- Biden-Harris Administration Releases Final Guidance on New Orphaned Well Program
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces $38 Million from Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to Protect Aquatic Species and Habitats
- Interior Department Announces $420 Million in Rural Water Funding from President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- President Biden, U.S. DOT Announce $2.9 Billion of Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Funding for Major Infrastructure Projects of Regional or National Significance
- FHWA Announces First Availability of National Scenic Byways Program Funding Since 2012