This page will be updated as information becomes available.
On November 15, 2021, President Biden signed the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, also known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, appropriating more than $1 trillion dollars to the nation’s highways, bridges, freight, ports, public transportation and environment and water infrastructure.
The U.S. Department of Transportation has announced some infrastructure funds are now available to state and local governments through grant applications and various programs.
Please visit the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Grant website for more information and grant application deadlines for transportation programs. Also, please visit the DOT Navigator for guidance about how to apply for grants and how to plan for and deliver transformative infrastructure projects,
Please visit the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Infrastructure website for more information.
USDOT Schedule of Upcoming Grants for 2022
In order to provide more visibility into upcoming funding opportunities, U.S. Department of Transportation has published a list of 2022 anticipated months for Notice of Funding Opportunities (NOFOs) for key Bipartisan Infrastructure Law programs.
View the schedule of upcoming grants here.
White House Infrastructure Funding and Project Maps
The infrastructure funding map shows how much funding has been announced for work within states, including a breakdown by category of funding. This total includes “formula” funds allocated directly to states for roads and bridges or water systems, for example, as well as specific project funding for airports, ports and superfund site cleanup.
The BIL project map highlights specific projects, their allocations and the agency/program each project was developed.
White House Infrastructure School Webinars
Over the months of February and March 2022, Biden-Harris Administration officials hosted a series of webinars we called “Infrastructure School” to show how to use the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Guidebook and provide a deeper look at important information and upcoming milestones for each of the major areas of investment in the law.
High Speed Internet
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces Timeline for National High-Speed Internet Deployment
- NLC Ready to Rebuild Webinar Series
- NLC – New Programs Available to Support Local Broadband Subsidy Enrollment
- Local Infrastructure Hub Infrastructure Grant Application Bootcamp
- The Local Infrastructure Hub Opens Enrollment for Technical Assistance Program to Help Small, Mid-Sized Cities and Towns Access Federal Infrastructure Dollars
- USDOT SMART Grants Webinar Recording
- USDOT Navigator for Grants and Technical Assistance
- USDOT Thriving Communities Program
- View USDOT Recorded Webinar Series: Safe Streets and Roads for All Grants