Deadline: Friday, March 31, 2023
West Goshen Township, Chester County (population 23,040), a Second Class Township, is seeking applications for a highly motivated, Executive Assistant to the Township Manager, to provide administrative support to the Township Manager.
The Executive Assistant to the Township Manager will perform a variety of routine and complex administrative, clerical, and public contact work in the implementation of Township services and in the research and analysis of internal issues as directed by the Township Manager, as well as self-directed. This position will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Assembling materials for the meetings of the Board of Supervisors.
- Compiling minutes for the Board of Supervisors’ public meetings.
- Maintaining the Township Manager’s filing system.
- Composing correspondence to various outside agencies.
- Codification of the Township’s Code of Ordinances.
- Maintaining the Township’s ordinance, resolution, and minute books.
- Coordinating meetings and placing necessary advertisements.
- Assistance in the preparation and submission of grant applications to outside agencies.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience in an office setting of similar size and complexity, the ability to exercise good judgment and tact when responding to constituent inquiries, the proficiency to learn new concepts and ideas concerning local government and be able to effectively organize, complete, and evaluate technical assignments. The individual in this position must be able to exercise the appropriate discretion, particularly in dealing with confidential information.
This is a non-exempt position.
- Associate’s Degree.
- 1-3 years of experience working in an office setting of similar size and complexity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet applications.
- Valid Pennsylvania Class C Driver’s License.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration or Business Administration from an accredited College or University.
- 2-4 years of experience working in an office setting of similar size and complexity, preferably in a local government setting.
- Experience in grant application preparation.
- Should be Notary Public or be able to become one.
The anticipated salary range is $49,000 – $65,000 with excellent benefits. Actual salary to be based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references all as one (1) document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via US mail to: West Goshen Township, Attn: Township Manager, 1025 Paoli Pike, West Chester, PA 19380, by 12:00 PM, Friday, March 31, 2023. West Goshen Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.