Deadline: Tuesday, December 6, 2022
THE POSITION OF: Residential Building Inspector
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Community Development/Building & Trades
CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME 2763 – Rank & File
PAY RATE: $28.62
This position is responsible for enforcing the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Codes (PA UCC) and City of Reading Amendments and Ordinances, ensuring their correct application in the field and reviewing construction documents & permit applications for compliance. This position performs routine duties such as typing, filing, and record keeping, operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of business software including but not limited to word processing, work order databases and electronic file management.
- International Code Council (ICC) Residential Building Inspector Certification is required
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in the residential construction industry
- Commercial Building Inspector Certification preferred, or willingness to obtain Commercial Building Inspector Certification
- High school diploma required
- Knowledge of principles and practices of residential construction and state building codes
- A minimum of five (5) years in a supervisory position in the construction field
- Possession of a valid Pennsylvania drivers’ license.
- Applicants will be encouraged to take the test for Commercial Building Inspector 6 months to a year after assuming the position. Training for Commercial Building Inspector will be provided.