Deadline: Friday, August 19, 2022
Job Title: Receptionist
Hours: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Police Chief
Under the supervision of the Police Chief, this position provides front desk receptionist and clerical support, providing efficient service to the community and those doing business with the Limerick Township Police Department. In addition, the receptionist will monitor radios and security systems in police headquarters.
Minimum Requirements to Hold this Position:
- High school diploma or GED;
- Prior municipal, police, or customer service experience preferred.
- General knowledge of computer functions, MS Office applications;
- General knowledge of office practices and procedures;
- Working knowledge of emergency operations.
- Valid Driver’s License.
4) Ability to Operate or Use the Following:
- Standard office equipment, including but not limited to: computer, printer, multi-line telephone, copy/scanner, fax machine, postage machine, law enforcement software, etc.;
- Two-way radios and monitors;
- Video monitors and recorders.
- Communicate and interact with the public and employees, often during stressful and/or emergency situations.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Pleasantly provide front desk staffing utilizing active listening skills;
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative and carry out job functions with or without direct supervision or instruction;
- Work effectively under time constraints to meet deadlines and manage a number of different tasks concurrently;
- Work with accuracy and attention to details;
- Maintain privacy of confidential records, correspondence, and files;
- Communicate effectively in writing, orally, and with others to understand and convey information, in a manner consistent with job functions;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other departments, the public, etc.;
- Ability to create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, and forms control in an effort to move towards a paperless storage environment;
- Carry out job functions without posing a health or safety threat to self or others;
- Assist other departments as needed;
- Maintain acceptable attendance standards.
Physical Demands of Job (also see page 3)
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while working;
- Constant hand, fingers and arm use, and excellent eye-hand coordination;
- Ability to hear clearly and speak intelligibly;
- To occasionally function in activities involving walking, bending, squatting, reaching, and climbing stairs;
- To occasionally stand for extended periods of time;
- Ability to see and perform visual activity such as close paperwork, using a computer monitor, reading and writing;
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
Examples of Job Duties – This is not an exclusive list but merely a few examples:
- Greet and provide assistance to those visiting or doing business with the Police Department;
- Answer telephones, transfer calls and take messages;
- Maintain accurate logs, records, and files;
- Accept payments and issue receipts for the various fines and fees collected by the Limerick Township Police Department;
- Write and type police reports;
- Monitor video security systems;
- Make copies of reports and documents;
- Interact with public, police employees and other law enforcement agencies;
- Report unsafe/suspicious activity;
- Operate and monitor police, fire, and emergency services radios;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This Job Description is designed to accurately reflect job duties. However, it may not be all inclusive and other job-related duties may be required. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by local, state, or federal laws that do not cause an undue hardship.