Deadline: Saturday, July 30, 2022
The City of Farrell is seeking a Chief of Police who will be a strong leader to a department of 15 officers, 1 administrative secretary, serve a community of approximately 5,000, and report directly to the city manager. The Police Chief must have the ability to demonstrate leadership capabilities and the ability to convey integrity, respect, trust and instill confidence in his employees. The successful candidate must have a strong law enforcement background and a track record of sustainable community-oriented initiatives. Candidates must be experienced, well qualified and possess exceptional skills as a leader, not just an administrator.
Basic eligibility requirements and consideration factors for Chief of Police candidates
- At time of employment, must be currently certified as a police officer by the MPOETC.
- A minimum of 7 years of service as a police officer with a full-time, paid police department or agency, and a minimum of 3-5 years served as police leadership or command.
- If appointed, it is preferred to become a resident of the City of Farrell, within 1 year.
- Must be a high school graduate as evidenced by a diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED). Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, public administration, or related field is preferred.
- Penn State POSIT/POLEX is also preferred, but not required.
- Undergo a thorough background investigation.
Starting salary range between $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 based on qualifications and experience. In addition, the City of Farrell also offers an attractive benefits package.
- Full-time (40+) hours per week.
- Day shift Monday -Friday (Occasional Weekends)
- 24/7 on call availability for emergencies is required.
Interested applicants must
- Submit a City of Farrell employment application.
- Resume, including all previous job employment, positions held, and experience.
- Minimum of 3 references
Completed application must be received, in person or via email, by the Farrell City Clerk, Barbara Mosley, at email@example.com no later than 1 p.m., Friday, 30 July 2022. Applications can be obtained at the City of Farrell Municipal Building or at: http://www.cityoffarrell.com/files/ApplicationforEmployment5.6.20222-4.pdf
The City of Farrell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, national origin, political affiliation, religion, or disability.