Deadline: Monday, January 24, 2022
POSITION: Planning Manager
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Community Development/Planning & Zoning
The City of Reading is seeking an energetic individual who will assume the challenging opportunity to address the planning needs of an urban city. This is a hands on position to help manage the planning activities of the City. This individual will be provide the zoning and planning decisions after reviewing submitted plans. Administers staff of professionals, including meeting with Developers and Investors through the One Stop Shop permit services that include Planning, Zoning and Codes.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in urban planning, architecture, civil engineering, landscape architecture, land surveying or related curriculum.
- Must have explicit knowledge of applicable laws pertaining to zoning, land development planning and subdivision.
- Prior experience in urban planning, architecture, civil engineering, landscape architecture, land surveying, and/or geography. Prior experience in public or private-sector planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focused to develop good working relationships at various levels and to resolve complaints.
- Must be innovative and detail-oriented.
- Must have experience working on highly visible projects.
- AICP Certification is preferred.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License required.