Deadline: Wednesday, September 25, 2019
JOB VACANCY # JV 2019-25 Public Outreach/Education Coordinator
THE POSITION OF: Public Outreach/Education Coordinator
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Public Works/Operations-Solid Waste
The Education & Outreach Coordinator promotes City programs and educates the public to increase sustainability, reduce waste, and increase recycling/diversion. Position is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating the public outreach program with support from the Division Manager. Outreach areas of focus include, but are not limited to, the Reading School District, local universities, nonprofit and community groups, local businesses, and residential trash & recycling customers.
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Educate students of various grade levels, both inside and outside the classroom, through presentations and activities designed to motivate students towards sustainability and environmental stewardship.
- Foster community partnerships to expand educational outreach to diverse youth and adult populations, including building a network of volunteer leaders and coordinating of university service-learning student volunteers
- Design and develop public communications via press releases, radio/television programming, social media and other web platforms, as well as print materials such as brochures, advertisements, targeted mailings, posters, newsletters, and more
- Provide customer service support to the community in person, via phone, and email
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to assist with outreach efforts
- High School Diploma and at least 2 years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, community relations, or related field preferred
Essential Experience & Skills
- Valid Driver’s license is required. Must have, or be able to get, criminal history clearance Act 31/Act 34 and child abuse clearance /Act 151.
- Experience performing education and outreach to diverse demographics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, plus prior public speaking experience.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Social
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
How to Apply
Qualified, interested candidates must submit a current resume and application. Applications and resumes can be submitted at www.readingpa.gov under employment opportunities. *Questions – Please email email@example.com