Deadline: Wednesday, June 12, 2019
This position is responsible for all aspects of the general ledger and correlating activities, monthly financial reporting, cash management (including the development and management of systems for the effective collection of revenues and payment of debt obligations), audit process, and payroll. Responsible for providing leadership and direction to ensure designated cash processing, reconciliation and reporting functions are completed in a timely manner while in compliance with policy and regulations.
- Oversee the general ledger account reconciliation process including journal entry creation.
- General ledger system maintenance.
- Creation of custom reports via general ledger software report writing module.
- Generation and analysis of monthly financial statements including variance analysis and Finance Committee presentation.
- Responsible for daily cash administration, management of current accounts and bank relations.
- Complete all cash management set-up documentation for new and existing department processes; prepares correspondence and proposals directed to and for cash management.
- Audit preparation process including external auditor field work coordination
- Work with Department Directors and Finance during annual budget process.
- Receive incoming wire transfers and processes outgoing wire transfers. Posts wires.
- Responsible for biweekly payroll processing including timesheet maintenance, hour/rate reviews, funding levels, and payroll accrual journal entry.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with 5-8 years of experience in Finance or Accounting, preferably with a background in Municipal Government.
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, analytical, and lateral thinking skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
This job operates in a professional office environment and requires the use of standard office equipment.
How to Apply
Borough of West Chester