Deadline: Wednesday, March 27, 2019
SALARY RANGE: $58,000 – $62,500.00
Within the City of Reading Public Works Department and under the direction of the Operations Division Manager, the Public Properties Manager provides leadership and supervision to the Parks Team, Custodial Team, Arborist and the Trades Personnel.
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Supervises subordinate workers; reviews and evaluates work performance, administers disciplinary action.
- Prepares both unscheduled work assignment plans along with daily, weekly and monthly routine work assignments and maintains all records relating to the Public Property Division of Public Works.
- Responsible for overseeing the management, operation and maintenance of City parks, properties, buildings, facilities, and shade trees including recommendations for new facilities and recommending repairs and improvements.
- Prepare work orders and project cost estimates.
- Recommend a ten-year capital improvements program for City parks, properties, buildings, facilities, and shade trees maintenance programs and projects including equipment needs.
- Develops and implements a computerized preventative maintenance program.
- Prepares grant applications and manages the implementation of various grants.
- Administers warranties and service contracts.
- Develops annual team goals and objectives and monitors performance.
- Helps implement emergency operations plan during any type of emergency.
- Assists the Operations Division Manager and the Director of Public Works with the annual department budget.
- Responsible for Public Works approvals and management during City parades and other special events throughout the City.
- Manages the applicable Public Works capital improvement project budgets and the Public Property operating budget line items throughout the year to assure compliance with financial limitation.
- Attends professional seminars, meetings and conferences to obtain required certifications and to maintain professional competency.
- Perform related work tasks as assigned by the Operations Division Manager.
- High school diploma; and two or more years of experience in a leadership, management or supervisory position.
- Overarching knowledge of parks, urban forest, custodial and building and properties management, operation and maintenance.
- Five years of experience in a hands-on role regarding one or more of the above professions preferred.
- A valid PA Driver’s License is required; CDL Class B with airbrakes or greater is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, plan, schedule and track work of oneself and subordinates.
- Considerable ability to plan, organize, manage and administer both projects and programs requiring coordination with others.
- The ability to work effectively with contractors, other public agencies and the public.
How To Apply
Qualified, interested candidates must submit a current resume, application and a letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org