Applications Now Open
The path forward isn’t always straight — NLC is here to help local leaders guide you and your residents through the storm. Join us at City Summit to continue growing into a leader for tomorrow.
NLC is now accepting applications for membership in its Constituency Groups, Federal Advocacy Committees and Member Councils.
Serving as a member of a constituency group, committee, or council, gives you the opportunity as a municipal leader to get involved with NLC and represent your community at the national level. Connect your community to the national level. Submit your application today.
HOW TO APPLY
- Login to your MyNLC account and update your profile.
- Confirm City is an NLC Member — your city must be an active member paid in full to apply.
- Get references — reach out to your State Municipal League, city official peers and other professional colleagues.
- Update your professional resume and biography.
To access the application, select the membership application tab highlighted in yellow on the MyNLC menu.
AVAILABLE MEMBERSHIP POSITIONS
- Asian Pacific American Municipal Officials (APAMO)
- Hispanic Local Elected Officials (HELO)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Local Officials (LGTBTLO)
- National Black Caucus of Local Elected Officials (NBC-LEO)
- Women in Municipal Government (WIMG)
- First-Tier Suburbs Council
- Large Cities Council
- Military Communities Council
- Small Cities Council
- University Communities Council
- Council on Youth, Education, and Families
- Race, Equity and Leadership (REAL) Council
FEDERAL ADVOCACY COMMITTEES
- Community & Economic Development
- Energy, Environment & Natural Resources
- Finance Administration & Intergovernmental Relations
- Human Development
- Information Technology & Communications
- Public Safety & Crime Prevention
- Transportation & Infrastructure Services
2020 Nominating Committee Announced
NLC President and Los Angeles, California, President Pro Tempore Joe Buscaino has appointed a 14-member nominating committee and two alternates that will be responsible for recommending a slate of officers and board members to lead NLC in 2021. These leaders will be elected during the Annual Business Meeting at City Summit on Friday, November 20.