You can find the NLC COVID-19 Response Resources for Local Leaders page here.
COVID-19: How to Support People Experiencing Unsheltered Homelessness – Thursday, April 9, 2:00 p.m. Eastern
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many municipalities and states have ordered their residents to shelter in place. These shelter in place orders have brought to light a glaring problem with the U.S. housing system: that many people do not have a place to shelter. People experiencing unsheltered homelessness may be at a greater risk for infection during community spread of COVID-19. Outdoor sleeping does not provide protection from the environment, quick access to hygiene, sanitation facilities, or connection to critical healthcare services. It is imperative for local leaders to provide for their unsheltered population – to help flatten the curve and stymie the growth of a population that has been systematically underserved. Register Now
- Moving City Council Meetings Online in Response to COVID-19
- How to Identify Your Community’s Essential Workers in Local Quarantine Orders
- Seeking FEMA Assistance to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- What’s the Difference Between Shelter in Place, Safer at Home, and Stay Home Orders?
- The Deal is Done: How Much Can Cities Expect from the 3rd Coronavirus Package?