The National Civic League is now accepting applications for the 2023 All-America City Award. The 2023 award event will be in-person for the first time since 2019 and the League is looking forward to connecting with communities that are exhibiting the best in local innovation, civic engagement, and cross-sector collaboration.
The 2023 All-America City Awards will recognize ten communities that are working to improve the lives of young people, with particular attention to efforts that engage young people in this work.
Democracy thrives when all residents are active and engaged in the policies and decisions that shape their lives. In 2023, the National Civic League seeks to identify communities that are breaking down barriers to meaningful youth participation and enacting programs that will improve quality of life for youth, and all residents, by extension.
Cities, counties, towns and tribes wishing to apply have until February 15, 2023, to submit their application. Leaders from local government, schools, nonprofits, community foundations, libraries, chambers of commerce and youth have all led their communities to win the All-America City Award.
Unlike any other event, the All-America City Experience provides participants with lasting connections with community members and peers across the country, in-depth learning opportunities, and fun, energizing events!
Begin your community’s application today to become a 2023 All-America City!
- February 15, 2023: Submit Application
- March 2023: Finalists Announced
- March-June 2023: Competition Preparation
- June 9-11, 2023: AAC Event in Denver, CO
Youth Engagement and Well-Being
Projects focusing on this theme include those that:
- Build the civic capacity of young people
- Promote youth participation in voting and policymaking
- Provide leadership opportunities for youth
- Enhance civics education
- Improve police-youth relations and engagement in public safety
- Reform school discipline and community justice systems
- Improve mental health and trauma systems for youth
- Reduce poverty and income inequality, including youth homelessness
- Increase job readiness and employment opportunities for youth
- Foster youth-oriented efforts to improve equity and inclusion
- Create safe and welcoming spaces for LGBTQIA+ youth