Source: Chesapeake Bay Trust
The Chesapeake Bay Trust, US EPA Region III, and WV DEP are excited to announce that the Green Streets, Green Jobs, Green Towns Grant Program is now open!
This grant program aims to help communities develop and implement plans that reduce stormwater runoff, increase the number and amount of green spaces in urban areas, improve the health of local waters and the Chesapeake Bay, and enhance quality of life and community livability. Example projects include design and construction of green streets, rain gardens, green roofs, tree plantings, white papers/tools on green infrastructure, and more.
Attend the virtual Information Session on 12/20 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Zoom. Register at https://bit.ly/g3grantinfosession.
Eligible Project Tracks and Funding Request Amounts:
- Track 1: Conceptual Plans for Green Streets/Green Infrastructure Projects (generally less than $15,000)
- Track 2: Engineered Designs for Green Streets/Green Infrastructure Projects (generally less than $30,000)
- Track 3: Implementation/Construction of Green Streets/Green Infrastructure Projects (generally less than $150,000)
- Track 4: Community Greening (generally less than $50,000)
- Track 5: White Papers (generally less than $20,000)
- Track 6: Green Street Charrette/Technical Planning Assistance
This program can support projects within the Chesapeake Bay watershed portion of EPA Region III. This includes the entire state of Maryland and portions of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington D.C., and West Virginia.
Applications Deadline: March 8, 2023, at 4 p.m. EST.
View the Request for Proposals at https://cbtrust.org/grants/green-streets-green-jobs-green-towns/.