One Week Left to Provide Feedback!
The Freight Movement Plan (FMP) is available for public comment from September 21 – October 5, 2022. The draft plan and comment form are available at penndot.gov/planning.
BIL Updates to the FMP
In November 2021, the federal Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) was passed. To remain compliant, the following sections were revised based on the BIL provisions that affected the freight plan:
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Parking Facilities Assessment
- Supply Chain Cargo Flows
- Multi-State Freight Compacts
- Impacts of E-commerce on the State’s Freight Infrastructure
- Considerations of Military Freight
- Environmental Stewardship
The updated plan positions PennDOT to be able to respond to the major changes that this new legislation introduces, and will maintain Pennsylvania’s eligibility to receive an estimated $58 million annually in federal freight funding. If you have any questions regarding the FMP, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 717-705-1478