Build a Better Mousetrap National Winners Webinar
Thursday, September 15, 2022 | 2:00–3:30 p.m. ET
Build a Better Mousetrap is a national initiative by the Federal Highway Administration’s Local Aid Support to recognize front line workers who use innovative solutions in their transportation programs. For this webinar, we will hear from the winning local agencies who developed innovations that solved problems in their maintenance and emergency management programs. These innovations saved time, money and increased safety for their front-line workers and communities.
Special guest speakers:
- Stuart Swartz, Dean Thompson, and Jason Johnston from the Walsh County Highway Department in North Dakota
- Bold Steps Award Winner
- Innovation: Guardrail Maintainer, a tool to easily remove debris from around guardrails to keep the roads clear.
- Isabel Olivieri and Anilda Fernández Vega from the Autonomous Municipality of Toa Baja, Puerto Rico
- Smart Transformation Award Winner
- Innovation: Public Survey Tool for Emergency Events, an electronic survey tool available via social media for residents to report flood damage during emergency events.
The winners were nominated by their state’s Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP) Center.
To join the webinar:
Meeting ID: 161 946 8957 Passcode: 877636
Any questions about this upcoming webinar, please contact the FHWA’s Local Aid Support team at CLAS@dot.gov. For more information on Build a Better Mousetrap visit: https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/clas/babm/
See Video: 5 Steps to Innovation