Understanding Funding Opportunities through American Rescue Plan | WeConservePA
Annual Grant Workshop Registration Open
Need funding for your park, trail, conservation, or regional partnership project?
DCNR’s Bureau of Recreation and Conservation is hosting its free annual grant workshops in November. Anyone interested in applying for Community Conservation Partnerships Program grants in 2022 is strongly encouraged to attend.
Three virtual workshops are available. Use the links below to register for a workshop based on the county where your project will take place:
- Eastern counties – Thursday, Nov. 4
- Central counties – Wednesday, Nov. 10
- Western counties – Tuesday, Nov. 16
Each workshop runs from 9:00 AM to noon. Breakout sessions will provide time for project-specific Q&A with our professional grant managers. New this year, statewide and regional partnership grants will be a breakout session at the workshop.
All workshops will be held virtually using Microsoft Teams. Although the workshops are free, pre-registration is required as space in each workshop is limited.Note: For those planning to attend the Statewide & Regional Partnerships breakout session, please note your interest in that breakout in the “Additional Info We Should Know” box during registration.
Save the Date: 2022 Grant Application Window Announced
Mark your calendars! The 2022 grant application period for the Community Conservation Partnerships Program has been announced.
Applications will be accepted starting Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2022. The deadline to apply is 4:00 PM on Wednesday, April 6, 2022.
All applications should be submitted through the DCNR Grants Customer Service Portal. Even though the application period is a few months away, it’s never too early to contact your regional advisor to discuss your project idea and ways to make it more competitive for state grants.
Using American Rescue Plan Act Funds for Outdoor Recreation and Conservation
The federal American Rescue Plan Act provides funding to counties and municipalities to aid in COVID-19 recovery efforts. Many local governments have been wondering if these funds can be used to advance local recreation and conservation projects. WeConservePA and the law firm Hawke McKeon & Sniscak LLP recently released an 8-page opinion letter that concluded these types of projects are eligible for American Rescue Plan funding. The letter provides guidance for local government officials on using the funds to support outdoor recreation and conservation in their communities.
Dr. Silas Chamberlin of the York County Economic Alliance has also published a video and report describing ways to use these funds to support local parks, trails, and conservation projects.
Dates to Remember
- Friday – Saturday, Sept. 10-11 – Planning and Management for Multi-Use Trails (Welkenweir, Chester County)
- Sunday – Tuesday, Sept. 19-21 – Pennsylvania Greenways & Trails Summit (Erie)
- Thursday, Sept. 30 – Deadline to apply for ATV or Snowmobile grants
- Thursday, Nov. 4 – DCNR Bureau of Recreation and Conservation annual grant workshop (eastern counties)
- Wednesday, Nov. 10 – DCNR Bureau of Recreation and Conservation annual grant workshop (central counties)
- Tuesday, Nov. 16 – DCNR Bureau of Recreation and Conservation annual grant workshop (western counties)