Proper compliance and record keeping are critical to use of municipal pandemic relief funds.
Remember: Those currently administering the funds might be gone by the time records are audited.
The Compliance and Reporting Guide provides assistance through two main sections.
Part 1 provides general guidance on:
- Key Principles
- Statutory Eligible Uses
- Treasury’s Rulemaking
- Uniform Guidance
- Award Terms and Conditions
Part 2 details reporting requirements including:
- Interim Report
- Project and Expenditure Report
- Recovery Plan Performance Report
Key Principles for Use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Funds
- Recipients and subrecipients are responsible for ensuring there is no fraud, waste or abuse.
- Balance simple and rapid program access and maintaining robust documentation and compliance.
- Advance projects with shared interest that promote equitable delivery of services to underserved communities.
- Transparency and public accountability are critical; manage programs using administration guidance.