Federal Advocacy: Aid to America’s Hometowns Left Out of Senate Proposal
URGENT ACTION NEEDED!
The Senate released proposal for the next coronavirus relief package, is the HEALS Act. This version does not include additional funds for state and local governments. Our communities cannot recover without additional federal support and flexibility is not enough. We cannot let another federal legislative package reach the President’s desk without providing aid directly to cities, towns, townships and boroughs, where it will make the greatest difference for America’s recovery.
There is still time to negotiate but we need YOU to call your Senators and tell them that the direct aid to all local governments MUST be part of any emergency assistance package. The future of America’s 19,000 hometowns depends on it.
Resources & Tools
- Revenue Loss for Cities, Boroughs, Towns and Townships as a Share of Total Own-Source Revenue by State, 2020
- States with Most Severe Revenue for Cities, Boroughs, Towns and Townships as a Share of Total Own-Source Revenue by State, 2020
- NLC Brief – Fiscal Impact of the Pandemic
- NLC One Pager – Revenue Loss Due to COVID-19
- Cities Are Essential – One-Pager
- Cities Are Essential – Myths & Truths
- Cities Are Essential – Key Messaging
- Cities Are Essential – Letter to Congress
- Targets for Cities Are Essential Campaign (Subject to Change)
- Cities Are Essential Infographic
- Heroes Act State and Local Relief Funds
- Cities Are Essential – Advocacy Talking Points