Deadline: February 29, 2024
East Stroudsburg Borough is seeking a motivated, productive, highly knowledgeable, and community-oriented Borough Manager to move the Borough forward as well as manage the daily operations of the organization.
The Borough serves a population of approximately 10,000 residents with combined operating budgets of approximately $14-million-dollars and 39 employees. Public water and wastewater services are provided by the Borough. Highlights of the area include the public school system, an array of retail and dining establishments, Lehigh Valley Hospital, East Stroudsburg University, and easy access to Routes 80 and 33. East Stroudsburg is 70 miles from New York City and 90 miles from Philadelphia.
Serving as the primary administrative and financial officer, the manager leads a talented team of department heads and approximately 30 employees who perform road, sewer, water, zoning, parking, and administrative duties.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation, administration, and oversight of a $14-million-dollar annual budget
- Management of employees, including negotiating and overseeing collective bargaining
- Development and implementation of a capital improvement program
- Overseeing the performance and compliance of the Borough’s public works
- Facilitating economic development in the Borough
- Liaising with surrounding political leaders, municipal officials, and managers
- Carrying out Council initiatives
- Building a positive workplace culture and enhancing the Borough’s recruitment efforts
The salary range for this position is $125,000 – $175,000 and includes a comprehensive benefits package. The Borough Manager reports directly to the 6-person Borough Council and Mayor.
How to Apply
For a full description or hiring requirements and position responsibilities, please visit www.eaststroudsburgboro.org. Interested candidates should apply by sending a cover letter, resume, and three references in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 29, 2024.