Deadline: January 19, 2024
This position conducts a series of activities designed to attract and retain businesses, residents, and organizations through the development, promotion, and support of economic and community development programs, events, communications, and civic groups. The Community and Economic Development Director plays a key role in advancing economic development and driving positive outcomes by providing support to small businesses and developers through the delivery of relevant expertise and funding opportunities. This position will work closely with the Borough Manager, the Recreation Board, Elected Officials, and related community groups, in addition to managing the Code Enforcement team to streamline processes for residents and businesses.
- Develop and implement strategies and programs for business recruitment, outreach, and retention; support the advancement of real estate development projects; and manage community events and communication.
- Provide input to the Borough Manager and Council; make presentations to Council, boards, commissions, civic groups and the public.
- Promote Borough and Recreation Board events and activities through various platforms such as press releases, fliers, mailings, websites, and social media.
- Manager the creation of the Borough’s Quarterly Newsletter and the production and upkeep of the Borough Website, in coordination with the administrative staff.
- Analyze data and provide reports relative to the goals of community and economic development.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of Borough, community, and economic development programs and initiatives.
- Facilitate the implementation of the Crafton Thrive Comprehensive Plan and future additions in coordination with plan stakeholders and advisory groups.
- Create and maintain business and resident welcome pages on the Borough Website
- Maintain an inventory of local businesses, related properties, and active community groups to analyze trends and support productive collaboration.
- Apply for and manage County, State, Federal, and/or foundation grants to improve economic or community development and/or related infrastructure.
- Act as liaison between Borough and community and economic development focused boards and commissions such as Recreation Board, Communications, Recreation and Community Events Committee, Crafton Rotary, and others.
- Work with the Recreation Board to manage and improve community events.
- Manage relationships with community stakeholders, including business owners, elected officials, community organizations, and residents.
- Manage the Code Enforcement team of building code and property maintenance officials(titles) and work to streamline procedures and to improve customer service, operational efficiency, and reporting capabilities. Prepare budget recommendations for all items under economic and community development and code enforcement
Education and Career Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Political Science, Economics, Business, Marketing, Management, or related required. Master’s in Public Administration, International Development, Public Policy, Planning, Business Administration, or related fields preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working for or with municipal governments in related positions such as community or economic development, zoning or planning, community engagement, event management, or others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with GIS, database editing or management preferred.
- Experience with website editing and management programs (squarespace, wordpress, etc) preferred.
- Experience with zoning code development, review, analysis, or code enforcement preferred
- Customer service, sales, and/or management experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, elected officials, businesses, the media, and the public.
- Effective team building and leadership skills including consensus building to resolve conflicts, negotiate agreements, and gain cooperation amount interest groups.
- Excellent project management skills, including skills in planning, organizing, evaluating, analyzing problems.
- Written and verbal communications skills including public presentation skills.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must possess a current Pennsylvania driver’s license
- Possesses, or be able to acquire, and maintain necessary clearances and certifications, including but not limited to a criminal background check and child abuse clearances.
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job, including:
- Frequently operate a computer and other office machinery such as a keyboard, mouse, phone, and fax machine
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions
- $60K to $70K depending on relevant education and experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurances
- Short term disability insurance
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time
- Pension Plan
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.