Deadline: December 21, 2023
Greencastle is located in Franklin County, south-central Pennsylvania and is seeking a highly qualified, self-motivated, goal-oriented Police Chief to lead a staff of five full-time and five part-time Act 120 certified police officers serving 4,300 citizens covering 1.6 sq. miles. South-central Pennsylvania has a robust economy with Interstate-81 adjacent to us, four miles from the Mason-Dixon line, a quality public school district (Greencastle-Antrim) and a wonderful quality of life atmosphere and a healthy downtown business community. Borough Council has seven members where the Chief reports to the mayor in accordance with the Borough Code.
The Chief will continue a working position focused on community policing with strong leadership, management, written, verbal, interpersonal, budget management, and organization skills to maintain and advance the department’s standing as a progressive, professional, and innovative law enforcement agency. Candidates shall possess the utmost integrity and honesty with the ability to enhance policy recommendations, oversee departmental planning, administration, and grant opportunities. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. All candidates shall submit a letter of interest along with a complete resume’ and a minimum of three professional references. The application process shall remain open until a successful candidate is hired.
- Minimum of five (5) years law enforcement supervisory experience at a rank of Corporal or equivalent, or served at least one year at the rank of Sergeant or above, or equivalent.
- Completion of a high school education or equivalency required; must hold an associate degree in criminal justice or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skill and ability equivalent to such a degree; bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Meet all Pennsylvania Municipal Police Officer’s Education and Training Commission (MPOETC).
- Must have or be able to obtain PA Act 120 certification (reciprocity).
- Must ultimately possess a PA driver’s license and be insurable at all times by Borough insurer for the operation of Borough vehicles and equipment.
- Prior to hiring, subject to a background check and physical and psychological examination by a Borough of Greencastle approved physician.
How to Apply
SUBMIT INFORMATION AND RESUME TO: