Deadline: October 15, 2023
York, Pennsylvania is seeking the next Building Code Official!
- ICC Certifications: Building Code Official, Commercial Building Inspector, Residential Building Inspector, Building Plans Examiner, Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector, and Pre-stressed Concrete Special Inspector.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 5 years of construction experience or a related degree with 3 years of customer service experience.
- Government administrative experience and 3 years of building code, construction, or fire prevention experience.
- Uniform Construction Code Certifications.
- Familiarity with Codified Ordinances, UCC, and ICC codes.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to establish productive relationships.
- Valid Class C driver’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Residency in York County or contiguous counties within six months of employment.
- Interpret and enforce Building Code and Property Maintenance Code.
- Work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
- Maintain records and produce comprehensive reports.
- Ensure fair and tactful enforcement of laws, regulations, and policies.