Deadline: October 9, 2023
Assistant Township Manager
Peters Township, Washington County, Pennsylvania
Closes Monday, October 9th, 2023 at 4:30pm
Are you a dedicated and driven professional with a passion for local governance and community development? Peters Township is excited to offer a remarkable opportunity for an Assistant Township Manager to become an integral part of our team, contributing to the strategic planning, administration, and growth of our dynamic Township government.
As the Assistant Township Manager, you will work closely alongside the Township Manager and other Assistant Township Manager to spearhead the planning, direction, and efficient operation of our Township’s government initiatives. In the Township Manager’s absence, you will assume full responsibilities to ensure the uninterrupted progress of our Township. Peters Township has a shared-management philosophy. Key responsibilities are assigned based on interest, and ability and may include:
- Financial Stewardship: Act in the capacity of the finance director and treasurer for the Township, overseeing financial operations including accounts payables, accounts receivable, payroll, purchasing, cash management, and debt management.
- Team Leadership: Provide guidance and supervision to the Business Department, Cable Television, and IT staff, fostering a cohesive and collaborative work environment. You will also work closely with Human Resources, Public Works Department, Police Department, Parks and Recreation Department, Planning Department, Engineering Department, and Library staffs.
- Capital Projects: Play an instrumental role in the design, bidding, and contract administration of significant capital projects, elevating our Township’s infrastructure and functionality. The Assistant Manager will also act as project lead for the Township on capital projects and responsible for budget management and proper close-out of the projects in accordance with deadlines established in the contracts.
- Performance Management: Provide essential insights to the Township Manager and guide department heads in implementing performance management policies. Collaborate with staff to enhance employee management, fostering productivity and growth while aligning with Township objectives.
- Grants Expertise: Lead the process of grant applications, management, and administration, securing essential funding for Township projects and enhancements.
- Information Coordination: Facilitate seamless communication and information sharing across departments and boards, crucially impacting the development and management of our budget. Advise the Township Manager on new initiatives and opportunities for residents and staff alike.
- Labor Negotiations: Collaborate with the Township Manager in labor contract negotiations, ensuring equitable agreements and a productive workforce.
- Budget Preparation: Join forces with the Township Manager to prepare our annual operating budget and capital improvement program, aligning resources with strategic objectives.
- Financial Reporting: Produce monthly and annual financial reports, including the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and the Popular Annual Financial Report, ensuring transparency and accountability.
- Contract Oversight: Administer contracts with third-party vendors, including those linked to tax and solid waste service fee collection, overseeing compliance and quality.
- Special Projects: Initiate and manage special projects, from request for proposal creation to contract drafting and implementation supervision.
- Masters degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Local Government Management or a related field.
- Strong financial acumen, demonstrated through successful budgeting, financial management, and contract administration.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills, promoting effective collaboration.
- Proficiency in project management, grant application, and negotiations.
- Familiarity with local government operations, regulations, and budget processes.
Why Choose Us:
Join Peters Township in shaping the future of our community as an Assistant Township Manager. This role provides a unique opportunity to leverage your leadership skills, financial expertise, and strategic thinking to drive positive change within a rapidly-growing, premiere community in Southwestern Pennsylvania. If you’re ready to contribute to a dedicated team working towards progress and excellence, we encourage you to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Assistant Township Manager, click here.
Our Township is an equal opportunity employer.