Deadline: Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Cranberry Township, Butler County, is seeking applicants for a full-time position within the Streets Division of the Public Works Department reporting to the Streets and Fleets Manager. The Township is accepting applications with the intent to fill at least one (1) open position.
This is a bargaining unit position that is responsible for (but not limited to) performing routine street maintenance, operating heavy and light duty equipment, and snow removal duties during winter months with a heavy emphasis on availability for overtime. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Dig, shovel, haul, load and unload materials
- Spread, shovel, rake, lute and roll asphalt; repair potholes
- Clean storm drains and culverts of debris
- Operating light and heavy-duty equipment
- Read and interpret maps, manuals, and specifications
- Complete daily work logs, time sheets, and work-related forms
- Operate and maintain a wide variety of hand and power tools and equipment related to the work, including jackhammers, concrete saws, tamper, rollers, compressors, generators, salt spreaders and salt brine tanks
- Implement safe work practices; cones, vests, traffic control flagging protocol
- Perform vehicle and equipment minor maintenance; report the need for major repairs and service, fuel and lubricate vehicles and equipment, wash and clean assigned vehicles, observe safe driving practices.
The Utility Worker I position requires a H.S. diploma or G.E.D; supplemented by at least one (1) year of experience in a team environment, at least one (1) year of personal or professional experience in a construction or mechanical trade and at least six (6) months experience demonstrated an ability to utilize technical hardware (computers, tablets, etc) and software (Microsoft Office programs). Candidates must have a valid insurable driver’s license and must acquire CDL Class A license within 6 months of hire.
This position requires the successful applicant be able to work outside for extended periods of time, lift up to 75lbs, stand and walk for long periods of time, stoop/bend over to pick up objects, perform repetitive laborious tasks, and safely use construction equipment.
Utility Worker I – One (1) year of experience with street maintenance and construction; One (1) year of experience with snow removal; Class A CDL license
Hourly Wage pursuant to Collective Bargaining Agreement: $27.24
Fringe benefits include, among other things, health, dental and vision benefits and a generous deferred compensation plan. Specific questions regarding benefits can be sent to Human_Resources@cranberrytownship.org
How to Apply
Individuals interested in this position should submit an application at http://www.cranberrytownship.org/employment