Deadline: Tuesday, February 14, 2023
THE POSITION OF: Cyber Security Engineer – SCADA
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Finance/Information Technology
PAY RATE: $75,000.00 Annually
Responsible for protecting information and industrial control systems by managing compliance, coordinating response to cyber security incidents, and researching and maintaining awareness of the latest cyber threats and vulnerabilities. This position works with all city technology team to ensure necessary technical security requirements are met. As a member of the Information Technology Division team, this individual will focus on implementing best security practices to the Wastewater treatment plant’s network, using a combination of both the City’s and the plants software and security agreements.
Typical job duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and execute security tasks related to technology projects or initiatives with a focus on industrial control system networks
- Configure and install security infrastructure. Includes scheduling and attendance of afterhours maintenance windows.
- Builds, maintains detailed technical understanding of City of Reading Wastewater Treatment system architecture and corresponding business processes.
- Produce cyber network architectures and documentation.
- Install software, switches, routers, firewalls, and servers as needed.
- Provide advanced support in response to cyber security incidents.
- Collaborate with city staff to manage security vulnerabilities or investigations.
- Conduct security research in keeping abreast of latest security issues.
- Perform yearly PEN testing with outside contractors and remediation issues.
- Provide advanced support in evaluation and implementation of cyber security requirements for operational and engineering technology systems.
- Fill in with the City’s IT team for larger projects.
- Direct resources from City’s IT team to help complete projects on the Wastewater Treatment Plant’s network as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification, or willingness to obtain
- Five (5) years Network Engineering background
- Five (5) years cyber security background
- Equivalent combinations of training, education, experience that provides required skills, knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential job functions.