Deadline: Tuesday, October 25, 2022
THE POSITION OF: Wastewater Operations Manager
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Public Works/Wastewater Treatment Plant
Under the direction of the Wastewater Manager, the Operations Manager (OM) is responsible for the operations of wastewater pumping stations and treatment plant through Shift Supervisors and operational shift personnel. This individual directs all process control, solids management and air quality control activities for attainment of state, federal, local regulations and environmental standards. The OM supervises wastewater Shift Supervisors and operational shift personnel ensuring they follow established procedures related to operations, maintenance and safety for wastewater facilities.
Coordinates and/or interacts with the Maintenance Supervisor, Electrical Supervisor, Laboratory Supervisor, Environmental Program Coordinator, Sewer Systems Superintendent, Utilities Division Manager, Public Works supervisors and managers, and various other City of Reading personnel. This person works with service utility, maintenance, laboratory and sewers personnel. The OM also works with consultants, suppliers, contractors, vendors, manufacturers, and field representatives and deals with the public and customers as it relates to odor complaints and other wastewater service related issues.
Supervises Shift Supervisors, operational shift employees, and others as assigned.
- A minimum of six years progressive experience at similar facility with previous supervisory experience in wastewater or closely related field.
- Formal educational or vocational training in field is desirable.
- Working knowledge of specific operational practices for wastewater processes, equipment, machinery, and pumps.
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PaDEP) wastewater operator certification for A, 1 and E, 4 at minimum. May be required to obtain other PaDEP certifications as regulations and/or processes change.
- Must possess valid PA driver’s license. Possession of a valid PA CDL Class B, with tanker endorsement and airbrake certification driver’s license or greater is desirable.
The complete Wastewater Operations Manager job description is available upon request.
How to Apply
Qualified, interested candidates must submit a cover letter, employment application and