Deadline: Friday, October 14, 2022
Job Title: Human Resources/Accounting Administrator
Reports To: Assistant Township Manager
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
Position Type: Full-Time
Pay Rate: $60,000-$75,000, depending on experience
The Human Resources (HR)/Accounting Administrator is responsible for assisting with the accounting operations of the Township, including but not limited to the production of financial reports, maintaining a compliant system of accounting records, and overseeing a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance accuracy of the Township’s reported financial results. He/she will also oversee the day-to-day personnel management operations of the Township. Such duties include but are not limited to payroll administration, developing, implementing, and administering employee training and betterment programs, employee relations, orientation, wellness, benefits administration, organizational development, and managing confidential personnel records.
- Oversees the processing/collection of accounts payable and receivable; prepares monthly financial statements; monitors cash flow and receipts; supervises bank deposits and account transfers; prepares all bills and invoices for timely payment, and prepares checks for approval by the Board of Supervisors
- Oversees and maintains service contracts with vendors, as well as all Township insurance policies
- Assists in developing, administering, and monitoring the annual operating and capital budgets
- Maintains and monitors all taxes (both real estate and income based) and forms of financial security and escrow fees from developers
- Assists in the completion of all auditing processes
- Manages payroll and all applicable personnel reporting documents in an accurate and timely manner
- Manages group benefits enrollment and administration including health, dental, and life insurance, COBRA administration, change(s) of status, etc.
- Manages Township insurance policies including but not limited to liability, vehicle, workers’ compensation, etc., as well as in administering the Township’s CDL program
- Assists with recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and orientation of new employees; processes background checks and clearances; ensures compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws, licenses, and accreditations
- Attends meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars as directed; performs other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge in, and ability to apply, the theories, principles, practices, and techniques of accounting and financial management, as well as human resource management
- Knowledge of all applicable Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations governing labor and employee rights and employer responsibilities and financial reporting
- Ability to apply the principles and practices of public administration, including budgeting, purchasing, and the maintenance of public records
- Must be able to learn, understand, and interpret the Township’s various personnel rules and policies
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and handle multiple tasks in a timely and professional fashion
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Supervisors and other governmental and regulatory officials, staff, private, and community organizations, developers, contractors, and others encountered in the course of work
- Exercise sound and expert independent judgment within general policy guidelines
- Handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Serve the public with honesty and integrity
Education and Experience
- B.S./B.A. in accounting, business or public administration, human resources, or a related field
- At least three years’ experience of administrative experience in human resources and/or business management, with preference given to those with supervisory experience
- An equivalent and suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Jarrett Sweeney, Assistant Township Manager, South Middleton Township, 520 Park Drive, Boiling Springs, PA, 17007 or fax to (717) 258-3577 or email to email@example.com.
South Middleton Township offers an employee-focused work environment with a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance for oneself and dependents with low premiums and low deductibles, HRA account, vision, dental, and life insurance, pension plan, tuition assistance, generous vacation and sick leave, and possible relocation assistance.
For more information, please visit the Township’s website at www.smiddleton.com.
South Middleton Township is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.