Deadline: Monday, October 3, 2022
Muhlenberg Township, Reading, Pennsylvania is seeking an experienced fire professional to serve as its next Fire Chief. As an all-hazards organization, the Muhlenberg Township Fire & Rescue Department, a combination of the legacy Goodwill & Temple Fire Companies, is responsible for mitigation of emergency incidents.
The Fire Chief will execute the mission of the Muhlenberg Township Fire & Rescue Department – to enhance the quality of life in our community through risk reduction, response readiness, and genuine commitment to excellence in all that we do. Reporting to the Township Manager, the Fire Chief will oversee a budget of $675,000,00+ and lead a department of approximately 30 active volunteer fire personnel across 3 fire stations.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience in multiple fire service functions and roles with a track record of advocating for best practices in staff recruitment, retention and succession planning as well as acquisition and access to equipment, technology, fire investigation, fire code enforcement and fire service training
- Minimum of 10 years’ active service in firefighting, including two (2) years in a supervisory role or an equivalent combination of education and qualifying experience, whether it is with a military, municipal, private, or volunteer firefighting unit, company or department.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in public administration, business management, fire science or related field is desirable but not required.
- Active certifications or the desire to pursue certifications through the PA State Fire Academy, IFSAC, or Pro-Board as a Firefighter II (NFPA 1001), Fire Officer I, II, III, & IV (NFPA 1021), Hazardous Materials Operations (NFPA 472), NIMS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 & 800, EMT-B (PA DOH), and a general knowledge base as it relates to Fire Investigation & Fire Code Enforcement.
- The Fire Chief must have or be willing to pursue and maintain a valid PA Commercial Driver’s License (CDL, minimum Class B with Air Brake Endorsement).
- Maintain other certification and/or current trainings put forth by the Board of Directors as minimum requirements to hold the office of Fire Chief.
How to Apply
Please submit resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.