Deadline: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Charleroi Borough, Washington County, PA population 3.940, 14 FT/PT/Seasonal employees, has a council/manager form of government with a seven (7) member Borough Council and Mayor is seeking qualified applicants for its Full Time Code Enforcement Officer position.
The individual performs highly responsible work involving the protection of public health and safety through enforcement of all ordinances, building codes, and/or related regulations. This is accomplished by thorough and precise field inspections, office work, investigations, research and communications with the general public. The Code also facilitates and supports the Planning Commission and Zoning Hearing Board on matters presented before them. In addition, the Code Enforcement Officer issues and tracks a wide variety of permits issued by the Borough of Charleroi and provides assistance and information to the general public in all aspects of the daily operations of the Code.
This work involves a highly self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills, conflict resolution skills, and the capability of molding to the work environment. This individual will exercise independent judgement on a daily basis, although assignments and general supervision are received from the Borough Manager.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in both an indoor and outdoor environment. The condition may vary from hot, wet and humid conditions to below zero temperatures. A moderate amount of vehicle driving is required. Employee may be required to drive a vehicle on wet, icy or snow covered roads during routine operations, call-outs and while checking on projects.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position involves walking and standing on possibly uneven, unmaintained, slippery surfaces; climbing stairs, ladders, structures and hills; operation of a motor vehicle; Lifting materials over head to post signs and notices of violation; lift and carry office materials; pushing, pulling and reaching above, below and to the side of the body.
- High Scholl Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Construction background or trade school
- Computer skills with a focus on Microsoft Office applications, Google Maps, and others
- Office work
- Costumer Service
- Must possess a valid PA Motor Vehicle License
- Municipal Experience
- IPMC or Law Enforcement
- General knowledge of government operations
- General knowledge of community & economic development principles
- Department of L&I certified Residential Building inspector (preferred but not required for hiring) will be required within 18 months of starting employment or when training is available
- Department of L&I certified Fire Inspector (preferred but not required for hiring) will be required within 18 months of starting employment or when training is available
- International Code Council Property Maintenance certification (preferred but not required for hiring) will be required within 18 months of starting employment or when training is available
DISCLAIMER: The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
How to Apply
A hard copy of the following materials must be submitted to the municipal offices for consideration no later than the due date. Charleroi Borough reserves the right to reject any and all application packets for any reason at any time. Salary dependent upon qualifications/experience; benefit package available. Send cover letter, resume, salary range requirement, and three professional references to: Charleroi Borough, Attn: Matt Staniszewski, 338 Fallowfield Avenue, Charleroi, PA 15022. Application period closes June 30, 2022 COB. EOE. DEI.