Deadline: Monday, January 31, 2022
West Goshen Township, Chester County (population 23,040), a Second Class Township, is seeking applications for a highly motivated, Assistant Township Manager, to provide administrative and leadership support to the Township Manager and elected five-member Board of Supervisors.
The Assistant Township Manager will be responsible for, including, but not limited to: supervising and monitoring the day to day activities of assigned Departments; researching, planning and developing projects; the writing and administration of grants; assisting in budget preparation; administering environmental projects; attending Township meetings with the Board of Supervisors, Township and government authorities; serve as liaison to assigned Township Boards and Commissions; assisting in the direction and supervision of all Departments and other activities of the municipality. The position will also serve as the Assistant Township Secretary and will be responsible for compiling meeting minutes for Board of Supervisors public meetings.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated leadership experience; the ability to exercise good judgment and tact when responding to Township resident and commercial constituent inquiries; the proficiency to learn new concepts and ideas concerning local government; and be able to effectively organize, complete and evaluate technical assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited College or University.
- 2-3 years of experience in local government administration in a supervisory capacity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet applications.
- Valid Pennsylvania Class C Driver’s License.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration or Business Administration from an accredited College or University.
- 3-5 years of management and supervisory experience in local government administration.
- Experience in municipal finance administration.
- Experience in grant writing and administration.
- Experience in environmental projects administration.
- Experience in land use/zoning.
The anticipated salary range is $100,000 – $120,000 with excellent benefits. Actual salary to be based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references all as one (1) document via email to email@example.com or via US mail to: West Goshen Township, Attn: Township Manager, 1025 Paoli Pike, West Chester, PA 19380, by 5:00 PM, Monday, January 31, 2022. West Goshen Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.