Deadline: Monday, April 12, 2021
Westminster, Maryland (pop. 18,522) Historic, picturesque community conveniently located near the capitals of both Maryland and Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C. The City is 35 miles northwest of Baltimore, 60 miles south of Harrisburg, and 56 miles north of Washington D.C. Westminster serves as the county seat and is located in the center of Carroll County. The City maintains a small-town appeal and high quality of life, and has been recognized for its livability and family-friendliness.
The City is seeking a team-oriented, strategic-thinking professional with strong finance and budget management, staff leadership and communication skills. Financial, analytical and human resources skills, as well as supervisory experience, are essential. Experience in community and economic development is a plus.
The City Administrator is also responsible for economic development efforts, finances and moving forward the City’s strategic planning initiatives. Developing and maintaining strong and open communication links with the community, elected officials and City staff is critical. Ideal candidates will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in public administration or related field; a Master’s degree in public administration or closely related field is preferred;
- At least five years of increasingly responsible local government management experience;
- Proven leadership, communication and interpersonal skills;
- A transparent, team-oriented, strategic-thinking approach toward staff leadership; and
- Financial, analytical and budget management skills to lead a financially fit organization.
How to Apply
Residency in or near Westminster is strongly encouraged. The starting salary range is $150,000 – $170,000 +/- DOQ, plus an excellent benefit package. Candidates should apply by April 12, 2021 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President and Michael Jaillet, Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3197. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.