Deadline: Tuesday, April 27, 2021
The Township of Pine, population 13,337 (2018), premier Home Rule community in western Pennsylvania north of Pittsburgh, seeks applicants for position of Township Manager. Managerial responsibility includes administration of 2021 General Fund Budget of $12.2 million and $6.1 million in all other funds.
Requirements for this position include:
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Public or Business Administration, Planning, Engineering or related field.
- Understanding of Pennsylvania municipal laws; working knowledge of Pennsylvania Home Rule desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years progressive municipal management experience, at least 3 as a municipal manager preferred; relevant experience in related field may be considered; MPA/MBA may substitute for one year of experience.
- Passion for public service; strong work ethic; embrace role of recommending policy initiatives and carrying out decisions of Board of Supervisors.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and sound administrative skill in technology; ability to relate well to constituency and other government officials.
- Ability to oversee preparation and management of annual and capital budgets, short and long-term planning and project and contract performance.
- Leadership skills, knowledge and experience to manage the Board’s agenda, administration, finance, human resources, collective bargaining, citizen communications; planning, land use and zoning as Township moves closer to full development, fire prevention and protection, building inspection, code enforcement, public works (including stormwater management), parks and recreation and municipal facilities.
- Understanding of and participation in governance of services, such as regional police board and library service.
Position offers competitive salary and excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit letter of interest, resume, 3 professional references and expected salary range to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes accepted until position is filled.
The Township of Pine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Home Rule Charter residency requirement may be modified for successful candidate.