Deadline: Monday, August 24, 2020
Chambersburg, a unique community and the largest Borough operation in the Commonwealth with a budget over $113 million, is seeking a Human Resources Supervisor. The Borough Manager serves as Personnel Officer, and the Human Resources Supervisor will often serve as the Manager’s designee for human resources operations. The Supervisor is responsible for developing and leading a flexible and responsive team of human resources professionals, currently at three direct reports.
A few things you will do:
- Payroll, benefits, workers compensation, retirement counseling
- Diversity and outreach, training and professional development, health and safety
- Talent acquisition, promotions, transfers, exit interviews, performance management
- Labor relations and negotiations
- Quarterly and annual payroll tax reporting
Knowledge and Experience
- BS/BA degree in HR or a related field (master degree preferred) and/or must meet SHRM-CP eligibility requirements at hire
- 10 years of experience in a responsible HR role with at least five years in a senior leadership role within a government organization, or similar type organization, with a complex human resources function, or some equivalent senior leadership experience involving human resources management
- Unionized labor relations experience, or similar understanding of such an environment
Minority candidates and women encouraged to apply!
The hire-in range for this position is $32.58-$34.56/hour
Applications MUST be completed online only by:
5:00 PM on Monday, August 24, 2020
One of the fastest growing municipalities in Pennsylvania!
Come join a team of professional local government employees who impact and improve the community they live in on a daily basis!
- Competitive pay
- Life insurance
- Career advancement opportunities
How to Apply
Interested parties should apply through our website http://www.borough.chambersburg.pa.us/government/employment.html by clicking “Apply now”
Qualified Borough residents and individuals who do not use tobacco products will be given preference.
Residency requirement – Must establish residence within 45 miles of Borough Hall within one year of hire date and remain within residency area while employed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
THE BOROUGH OF CHAMBERSBURG DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AGE, GENDER, MARITAL STATUS, RACE, COLOR, CREED, NATIONAL ORIGIN, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR DISABILITY. ANY PERSON WHO NEEDS AN ACCOMMODATION (IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT) DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS SHOULD CALL 261-3251 or 261-3272 (TDD 261-3227).