Deadline: Friday, February 28, 2020
Tredyffrin Township seeks a Sanitary Sewer Engineer to be responsible for a variety of the Township’s sanitary sewer system, planning, permitting, reporting, capital projects (system piping, pump stations, SCADA, etc.), oversight of operation and maintenance work in coordination with the Public Works Director.
The sanitary sewer system includes 7 pump stations and approximately 150 miles of sanitary sewer lines. The system conveys wastewater to 4 wastewater treatment plants, all which are located outside of the Township. The annual operating budget of the sewer department is $5.3M. The annual capital budget of the sewer department is $6M.
Work involves but is not limited to:
- Assists in managing construction projects, schedules and contract administration;
- Monitors data gathering to ensure completion and conformance to requirements and business needs;
- Prepares and provides operations performance data and related summaries;
- Prepares estimates and calculations for process parameters, operations and maintenance costs, and coordinate the efforts of contracted consultants performing said work on behalf of the Township;
- Coordinates work requirements of wastewater capital improvement and other sewer (sanitary/stormwater) engineering projects with other departments;
- Oversees or participates in the preparation and submission of various complex technical regulatory reports required by State and Federal agencies (such as Chapter 94 Reports, flow reporting to WWTP’s, etc.);
- Participates in budget preparation
- Prepares annual reports in compliance with State and Federal regulations and permits;
- Responsible for ensuring promptness, correctness and completeness of all reports required to be submitted to the regulatory agencies
- Monitors and implements local, State and Federal regulatory compliance for assigned programs/activities;
- Attendance at Board of Supervisors meetings
Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited College or University in civil, chemical, mechanical, or environmental engineering or related filed and five years of engineering experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A licensed Professional Engineer is preferred. Must have experience with CAD & GIS software as well as engineering-related equipment. Must have PA Wastewater B-1 and Collection System E-4 and a Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License (or ability to obtain within 1 year).
How to Apply
Applicants should submit cover letter, resume and salary history to Megan Cordes at MCordes@Tredyffrin.org no later than February 28, 2020.
Tredyffrin Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer