Deadline: Saturday, July 20, 2019
The City of Reading, PA seeks a Controller for its Administrative Services/Finance division. Salary Range $75,000 – $80,000.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, current resume and a completed employment application by July 20, 2019 to the Human Resources Department. Email: email@example.com
The Controller is responsible for the day-to-day enforcement of fiscal policies, regulations and programs. Recognizes the need for, and recommends, fiscal policy changes. They must provide guidance for, and review changes, to the 5-year financial forecast, including fund balance, pension costs, fringe benefit and insurance projections and estimates
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the review of cash flow forecast, and monitoring of actual results, to plan on a monthly basis.
- Develop and review the annual wage and fringe benefits budget.
- Review debt portfolio and develop the annual budget.
- Reviews all financial analysis that supports staffing, build verse buy, ROI, breakeven analysis, in source verses outsource decisions, department performance metrics, six sigma impact statements.
- Responsible for review of contracts, both union and non-union, cost analysis.
- Reviews pension costs, health insurance and payroll projections, including establishing annual budget development and monthly monitoring and analysis.
- Responsible for development and review of the annual city budget, including capital plan, indirect cost plan and operating transfers.
- Delivery, and review, of monthly monitoring of actual revenues, expenditures to budget including capital and the pursuit of explanations of variances, driving accounting changes, error remediations and reporting of same.
- Responsible for driving accounting policy and direction that enables efficient analysis.
- Responsible for monthly budget meeting support and analysis.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- MBA in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressive financial and budget management experience in the public, or private, sector. Public sector preferred.
- Three (3) years audit and accounting experience at a CPA firm preferred.