Deadline: Saturday, August 3, 2019
POSITION: Operations Manager
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
SALARY: $70,000.00 – $75,000.00
Qualified, interested candidates must submit a letter of interest, current resume and application. Email: email@example.com
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Supervises subordinate workers; reviews and evaluates work performance, administers disciplinary action.
- Prepares and recommends for approval plans, bid documents, resolutions, specifications, cost estimates and other technical phases of projects pertaining to construction of Public Works improvements and City facilities related to streets, parks, and property maintenance.
- Provides regular oral and written reports to the Director of Public Works on the status of projects and management of Operations Division.
- Oversees the management, operation and maintenance of City parks, streets/sign shop, vehicles, shade tree program, recycle operations and properties.
- Prepares documentation and coordinates approvals required by various agencies as dictated by type of project involved.
- Conducts informational meetings on Public Works projects.
- Recommends a five-year capital improvements program for streets/sign shop, parks, property maintenance, recycle operations, shade tree program and fleet management projects.
- Directs and provides guidance to developers, consultants, landowners and the general public with regard to Public Works improvements.
- Manages the Liquid Fuels program.
- Coordinates road improvements and maintenance with the PA Department of Transportation.
- Prepares, evaluates and updates a comprehensive pavement management program.
- Prepares grant applications and manages the implementation of various grants through PennDot, DEP, HUD or other sources.
- Coordinates the implementation of the Emergency Operations Plan during a snow emergency or other crisis that requires the mobilization of Public Works crews and equipment.
- Attends various committee meetings, Council Workshops, community meetings or other meetings as assigned by the Director of Public Works.
- Prepares revisions to codes, ordinances and local regulations.
- Assists the Director of Public Works with the annual department budget.
- Visits construction sites as needed to make determinations that require professional judgment.
- Manages the Operations safety program and building security systems.
- Coordinates activities at City greenhouse.
- Orders supplies as needed for all Operations Division activities.
- Completes annual public buildings Time Study.
- Serves as liaison with the City Shade Tree Commission.
- Serves as member of the Safe, Clean, and Green Committee.
- Attends professional seminars, meetings and conferences to obtain required certifications and to maintain professional competency.
- Performs related work tasks as assigned by the Director of Public Works.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field; and/or five years progressively responsible management experience with emphasis in street rehabilitation and maintenance, construction, parks and property maintenance, fleet management, recycle operations, forestry management or related field.
- Experience managing in a union environment is strongly desired.
Possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license is required.