Deadline: Tuesday, July 30, 2019
Title: Assistant Borough Engineer
Location: State College Municipal Building
Starting Salary Range: $53,000 – $67,000
Position open until filled.
The Assistant Borough Engineer performs professional, technical work in the field of civil engineering, including the location, design, construction, operation and maintenance of roads, storm and sanitary sewers, buildings and other public facilities, and also involves the operation and maintenance of regulatory signs, traffic signals, and traffic engineering. Work is performed independently under limited supervision with considerable latitude. Position typically requires processing and interpreting of more complex, less clearly-defined issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field; supplemented by two or more years’ engineering project management experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
- Engineering-in-Training (EIT) certificate or ability to obtain within twelve (12) months of promotion or hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- PA Professional Engineer or PA Professional Land Surveyor license
- Class “B” CDL license with tank endorsement and no air brake restrictions
How to Apply
State College Borough employees interested in applying for this position must apply online. The application may be found at the following link: https://selfservice.statecollegepa.us/MSSProd/employmentopportunities/default.aspx
The posting will remain open until the position is filled. A complete copy of the job description is available by contacting the HR Department. E.O.E.