Deadline: Wednesday, July 17, 2019
CodeMaster Inspection Services, the leading inspection firm in Lehigh Valley, PA seeks qualified candidates for Zoning and Code Enforcement Services. This position is for individuals who have experience performing these services for municipalities or other agencies and would like to continue their professional growth. All candidates must possess computer skills including Office Products and database knowledge and have the ability to organize and manage their priorities. Candidates must be well versed in interpreting zoning and other local ordinances. Certified Building Code Official (BCO) with the PA Department of Labor and Industry is a plus. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Zoning Officer Services:
- Answer applicant questions on interpreting the existing zoning ordinance.
- Review zoning permit applications for conformance to the zoning ordinance and provide written decision letters.
- Make recommendations to applicants on how their project can conform to the Borough zoning ordinance.
- Conduct zoning inspections.
- Communicate with Borough planning staff and consultants such as the engineer and solicitor.
- Communicate with Zoning Hearing Board representatives and coordinate Zoning Hearing Board meetings.
- Generate enforcement notices to properties not confirming with the Borough zoning ordinance.
Code Enforcement Services:
- Answer questions of residents and responding to complaints.
- Establish validity of complaints with field inspections.
- Communicate to residents verbally and through written enforcement notifications the need to follow code regulations.
How to Apply
All applicants must also demonstrate the ability to maintain professional working relationships with CodeMaster colleagues and customers. Please indicate full or part-time preference. Salary commensurate with credentials and full benefits provided. Send resume to Shannon Calluori at 1320 Hausman Road, Suite 203, Allentown, PA 18104 or email email@example.com.