Deadline: Monday, March 25, 2019
Job Title: Business Development and Retention Specialist
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000
The Business Development and Retention Specialist assists in the planning and direction of business recruitment, development, retention and implementation of business and economic development strategies that encompass both macro and microenterprise opportunities for the improvement of the City of Bethlehem’s business districts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a business liaison in the community and with related outside agencies.
- Assists the City in all marketing, recruitment, and business expansion activities.
- Provides site tours as needed for new and expanding Bethlehem businesses.
- Responds to RFP’s, RFI’s, and other inquiries as needed for new and expanding businesses through utilization other site location assistance databases.
- Generates ESRI Data Reports for real estate marketing purposes
- Collaborates with outside agencies for business recruitment and expansion initiatives.
- Communicates with new or existing businesses and the brokerage community to establish or expand operations by helping them find desirable locations for enterprises, considering available facilities, traffic volume, fixtures and equipment costs, and character of business.
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with industry stakeholders and key community strategic partners.
- Serves as a key customer service representative in assisting new and expanding businesses in meeting the City of Bethlehem’s Building Code requirements through inter-departmental collaboration Assists in the development and implementation of the business marketing strategy.
- Creates and manages databases associated with grant information, neighborhood improvement zone information, job creation, and public/ private investment.
- May serve as a Project Manager for Financial Incentive Programs, as directed.
- Assists the Economic Development Coordinator in the implementation of new economic development initiatives, as required.
- Write policies and presents to governing bodies, as required.
- Assists in the management of various sub-contractors, as required.
- Serves on various community, government, and economic development committees.
- Performs related work as may be required.
- Provides quality and effective customer service with courtesy and understanding to our customers, citizens and internal departments.
- Assists in the implantation of new economic development initiatives.
- Plans and organizes public information materials regarding the business environment and supported programs for printed and electronic media.
- Presents to interested groups to increase public awareness of business opportunities in the city.
- Establish and maintain a benchmarking system of key indicators for business development.
- Track vacant/available space for potential businesses.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree in Real Estate, Economic Development, or related field;
- At least four years of experience in Real Estate, Economic Development; or related field
- Equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to create ESRI Demographic Reports
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written to express ideas
- Ability to effectively interact with the media and to handle publicity and community relations.
- Ability to effectively generate reports and record minutes of meetings for distribution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to establish and maintain close effective working relationships with public officials, employees and general public.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to efficiently respond to questions from members of the community.
- Ability to demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a fast changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Project management skills.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Must be able to be innovative to develop new and unique ways to create new business opportunities for the City of Bethlehem.
- Must have effective leadership skills to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest for businesses and the City of Bethlehem.
How To Apply
Interested candidates must submit a current resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com.